As part of the educational and outreach missions of both the Texas State Genealogical Society (TSGS) and the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS), the exhibit hall at the FGS 2014 Conference, 28-30 August 2014, in San Antonio, Texas, will be free and open to the public.
During that time, approximately twenty half-hour presentations will be offered on the exhibit hall education stage. These 30-minute presentations will be geared towards educating and motivating all attendees, but with a special focus on beginners or the casually curious. There will also be a separate vendor stage in this year’s exhibit hall.
In partnership with the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) and findmypast.com, the Texas State Genealogical Society (TSGS) announces a Call for Exhibit Hall Presentations.
The challenge for presenters will be to excite and convert participants in a short period of time. The deadline for submission of exhibit hall proposals is Sunday, 18 May 2014.
The categories of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Basic and introductory genealogical instruction
- Storytelling and interviewing
- Preserving for future generations
- DNA and family medical history
- Technology, software and social media
- Benefits of joining a local genealogy society
- Online pitfalls
As there will also be a separate vendor presentation stage, vendor specific topics or sponsors are outside the scope of this call for presentations.
Send proposals, as an email attachment, with “FGS 2014 Call for Exhibit Hall Presentations” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, 18 May 2014. Invitations to speak will be extended by 1 July 2014. The deadline for acceptance and submission of signed speaker contracts is 15 July 2014.
For complete details, view the complete Submission Requirements.
Partners for this event are:
- Texas State Genealogical Society, http://www.txsgs.org/.
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS), http://www.fgs.org.
- findmypast.com, Findmypast.com.
Latest posts by Caroline M. Pointer (see all)
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Relatives To Help Build Your Family Tree - November 10, 2014
- Congratulations To All the 2014 TSGS Award Recipients! - November 10, 2014
- TSGS 2014 Conference and Awards Update - August 6, 2014