The Texas State Genealogical Society (TxSGS) is thrilled to announce the launch of the first ever week-long genealogy institute focused solely on Texas records–TIGR, the Texas Institute of Genealogical Research!
Those who attended the awards banquet at our 2016 Family History Conference in Dallas last month heard this exciting news first. We are pleased to finally be able to share this news with the extended genealogy community.
Program, Venue & Registration
This intensive educational experience focuses on Texas records and research spanning early Spanish exploration and colonization through the Texas Republic and beyond.
TIGR is being coordinated by Kelvin L. Meyers, a fifth-generation Texan and professional forensic genealogist who is a frequent instructor at our annual conferences, as well as to genealogical societies and family associations throughout the United States. He is joined by four other faculty members: Teri E. Flack, Anne Gillespie Mitchell, John A. Sellers, and Cari A. Taplin.
Program, pricing, and registration details are coming soon. We anticipate opening registration by mid-January.
- Dates: Monday, May 22 – Thursday, May 25, 2017.
- Location: Thompson Conference Center at UT Austin.
Follow our Blog | Subscribe to our eNews | Check the TIGR Website
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation @ #TIGR2017
Latest posts by Colleen Greene (see all)
- Texas State Genealogical Society Issues Call for Presentations for the 2017 Family History Conference in Houston - January 18, 2017
- Stirpes Double Issue for September & December 2016 Released - January 7, 2017
- 2016 TxSGS Awards: Partner Society Quarterlies - December 15, 2016