The Texas State Genealogical Society announces a Call for Presentations for our 2017 Family History Conference. This year’s conference will be held 20-22 October 2017 in Houston, Texas.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic presenters! If you feel passionate about your area of expertise and would like to teach and inspire other genealogists, this is the venue for you. Seasoned speakers and speakers new to the genealogical lecturing arena are encouraged to submit presentations.
The areas of interest may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Basic genealogical topics (How-To or Getting Started).
- Methodology and problem-solving techniques.
- Ethnic research topics (African-American, Hispanic, German-Texan, Czech-Texan, etc.).
- Adoptee challenges.
- Researching in record groups (land records, probate records, etc.).
- Texas and Southern-focused research.
Speakers who wish to submit lecture proposals should follow the published guidelines at the TxSGS Call for Presentations web page: http://www.txsgs.org/conference/call-for-presentations/. Presenter requirements, compensation details, and a timeline are referenced there as well.
Speakers may submit up to five proposals.
All proposals must be submitted via email by 18 March 2017.
Follow our Blog | Subscribe to our eNews | Check the Conference Site
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the conversation @ #TxSGS2017
Latest posts by Colleen Greene (see all)
- Texas State Genealogical Society Issues Call for Presentations for the 2017 Family History Conference in Houston - January 18, 2017
- Stirpes Double Issue for September & December 2016 Released - January 7, 2017
- 2016 TxSGS Awards: Partner Society Quarterlies - December 15, 2016