As many of you are aware, Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Houston a couple of weeks ago, causing widespread damage. Our host hotel, Omni Westside in Katy, was not spared and the ground floor did take on some water. While closed for repairs, they currently expect to reopen 1 October, well in advance of our scheduled 2017 Conference.
The Conference Committee, the Executive Committee, and members of the TxSGS Board have discussed our options over the past week or so. We feel that canceling the conference would be the simplest choice. But, we more strongly feel that moving forward is the right course to take. If the hotel and surrounding area are open and ready for business, we can be there to support that resiliency, if even in a small way.
We will have a final assessment from the Omni on Friday, 15 September 2017 as to their status and their confidence in making their 1 October reopen date. Those traveling by air may wish to delay making reservations until then. It is safe to make hotel reservations at the Omni as they may be canceled without penalty, should that need arise.
Due to this situation, the following deadlines have been extended until Friday, October 6, 2017:
- Early Bird Conference Registration rates…Register today!
- Conference discounted hotel reservations…Book your room today!
Thank you for your professionalism, your patience, and your support of TxSGS and our community. I look forward to seeing you in Houston in October.
2017 Conference Chair
Latest posts by Randy Whited (see all)
- TxSGS 2017 Conference Cancelled Due to Hurricane Harvey Damage - September 18, 2017
- TxSGS 2017 Conference & Hurricane Harvey Update - September 11, 2017
- 2016 Family History Conference Wrap Up from the TxSGS President - December 5, 2016