The Texas State Genealogical Society (TxSGS) is organized and operated as a non-profit tax-exempt 501(c)3 corporation as defined by the Internal Revenue Service, and is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.
Specifically, the mission of TxSGS is as follows:
- Research, record, accumulate, reproduce, distribute, and circulate genealogical and historical material.
- Assist in making such material available to those who are, or may be encouraged to be, in family and Texas history.
- Perpetuate the memory of Texans and their ancestors and inspire a wholesome regard for those who have been and are now part of the heritage of our state and nation.
- Stress the importance of accuracy through the careful documentation of research.
- Make donations by acquisition or memorial to research collections which are open to the public.
- Disseminate knowledge by sponsoring conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Publish a journal titled STIRPES and other publications useful to researchers.
- Sponsor awards for writing and honors recognizing the efforts of individuals and organizations.