The Texas State Genealogical Society is proud to provide the following programs and services to our members and the larger genealogical community.
- Heritage Certificates: A program to recognize those with direct descent from Texas pioneers, and those with direct or collateral descent from a Texas Ranger.
- Awards: TxSGS recognizes excellence in the genealogical community with several awards, grants and a scholarship. The awards are announced each year at the Annual Conference.
- Annual Conference: TxSGS is proud to host an annual conference.
- Speakers Bureau: TxSGS maintains a speakers bureau directory to assist Texas societies with identifying speakers who are available to teach at society events.
- DNA Partnership: This partnership with Family Tree DNA provides reduced group rates for TxSGS members to test their DNA for genealogical purposes.
- Scholarships & Grants: TxSGS-funded student scholarships, and grants to partners societies.