There are three categories for these awards:
- Category I: Website for a Partner Society.
- Category II: Website for an individual Member’s genealogy and family history.
- Category III: Website by an individual member of a general genealogy or historical nature, not specifically on the member’s family, but a county web page or a DNA study.
- Individual or Partner Society membership for the current year.
- The TxSGS logo should be displayed on the website, with a link to the TxSGS website.
- The same website may only enter in one category.
- The National Genealogy Society’s Guidelines for Publishing Web Pages on the Internet should be followed.
Deadline for entries is 15 September.
Entries should include:
- A cover letter from the individual Member or Partner Society with a contact person’s name, telephone, website address, and email address.
- The category for judging.
- Comments about the website.
- Descriptions of any special features that should be noted.
Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards include $100 for first place, $75 for second place, and $50 for third place in each category.
A panel of three judges will evaluate the entries. Criteria includes: